The road to understanding nomads’ lives, how they are affected by economic development, and their views of conservation, runs through many a tent. Lined by countless cups of tea and stories shared, by challenges and treks on horseback, and by unfamiliar notions it is a road that is unfrequented and untravelled upon. I will wear down the soles of my shoes on that road, I will get tired on that road, but I will find something along it that I cannot find elsewhere.

22 October 2006

Old News - Mongolia Solves Nuclear Crisis?


I guess Mongolia failed in this task... "to resolve the Korean peninsula nuclear weapons issue peacefully."

Mongol Messenger, September 13

"On September 5 at Parliament House, Prime Minister M. Enkhbold met Korea's Defense Minister Hwang Kyu Shik, who invited Mongolia to help with negotiations to resolve the Korean peninsula nuclear weapons issue peacefully."
I am glad Mongolia is becoming an important player in the field of world politics... Er... Anyway, on October 12, the UB Post stated that the The Mongolian Government expressed “deep regret” in reaction to the news that the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea “conducted a nuclear test on October 9, 2006 in spite of the will and demands of the international community.”

No comments:

flickr.com/modern_nomad