The road to understanding nomads’ lives, how they are affected by economic development, and their views of conservation, runs through many a tent. Lined by countless cups of tea and stories shared, by challenges and treks on horseback, and by unfamiliar notions it is a road that is unfrequented and untravelled upon. I will wear down the soles of my shoes on that road, I will get tired on that road, but I will find something along it that I cannot find elsewhere.

23 January 2007

Alexander the Great and I

What do Alexander the Great, the Archduke Karl Ludwig of Austria, Mary Kingsley and yours truly have in common?



Now don’t go looking at the clue right away – give it some thought…






Ok… here’s a clue…



So probably no elephants for me. But maybe the killer meds I will be taking tonight will make me feel great by the morning?

Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

flickr.com/modern_nomad